Transport & Main Roads (QLD)

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by GregW, Mar 12, 2018.

1. GregW

GregW Active Member

Wow!!! The Department was over awed at my driving and has given me 3 months holiday from all roads.:rolleyes:
    All I can say is............take 2 to the Valley;)
  2. The White Tiger

The White Tiger Administrator Staff Member

It's the way to go mate, you get all 12 points back in 3 months :)
    Steve likes this.
  3. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

It is only 3 months, will be over before you know it.
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Staff Member

3 months is a good price to pay for a clean licence ;)

In all seriousness, Greg, please advise your vehicle and motorcycle insurer. It is something that could negate any claim you may have in the future for failing to advise them.

FWIW...with Shannons, no problem with a suspension (sh*t happens), But if you maintain a clean 5 yr window from that offence (in respect to further suspensions/cancellations) we don't worry about it. But I have heard of some insurers ho have reneged on a claim, because the insured failed to advise them of traffic infringements/convictions.
  5. MildThing

MildThing Member

Shit. If I had to advise my insurers every time I got an infringement, I'd have a hotline directly to their offices.

I think I just managed to dodge a bullet on the way back from Coonabarabran on Sunday. We'll see what's in the mail in the next few weeks.
  6. GregW

GregW Active Member

Thanks for that Steve..................will look into that
    Steve likes this.
  7. GregW

GregW Active Member

yep, you were right Steve.........................I am insured with Swann and in their PDS you have to inform them if your licence has been suspended
    As I wanted to have their response in writing I sent e-mail 2 days ago..................still no reply as of yet:(