Rest day

Discussion in 'Future Assaults' started by The White Tiger, Feb 12, 2018.

1. The White Tiger

The White Tiger Administrator Staff Member

Gday all,

The next question is: Do you want a rest day?

The distance each day will be somewhere between 200km and and 450km. While they aren't big days distance wise, they can be long days on the bike and time wise. Of course, there will be no obligation for anyone to travel the planned routes so you can do as you please each day.

The first riding day in Tassie would be Tuesday 5th March, as per the poll result. Most of us will be travelling 2-3 days before that just to get to Melbourne. I would suggest we have the Saturday (9th) off the bike, perhaps in Hobart, as there are plenty of things to do and see including the Salamanca Markets open every Saturday.

At this stage there are 9 days of riding so the tour would finish on Wednesday 13th (arriving in Melbourne on 14th) so a rest day would push this out by a day. This would leave 3 days to travel home, for those who have to work the following week.

Another option could be to make it 8 days riding with a rest day.

What are your thoughts?

2. Werner

Werner Member

I'd prefer a "Hub and Spoke" ride as we did in NSW last year in preference to moving on every day. That way, any day can be a rest day.

Regards,

Werner

3. Quackz

Quackz Member

Having Saturday the 9th in Hobart as a day off sound like a good idea to me.

Sorry Werner, whats a "Hub and Spoke"ride ??

4. Martyn

Martyn Member

Rest day sounds fine. Is hub and spoke feasible with the projected rides? Happy either way

5. GregW

GregW Active Member

I am happy with a rest day too, no specific date, any time around the middle of the assault but will go with the majority rule.
    Thanks Pete

6. The White Tiger

In previous tours we moved to new accommodation, in a new area, each day. At the last tour we only stayed at a couple of spots and went riding in different routes each day. It saves people packing and unpacking everyday. Pretty much everyone seemed to like it.
    With Tassie being so small yes it is mate. At this early stage it looks like we'll have 4 or 5 nights in Hobart and go ride different roads each day :)

7. Werner

Werner Member

It's when the overnight locations remain the same for two or three nights rather than move on every day.

8. Jimw

Jimw Member

Hub and spoke also makes it easier if you want to bring your partner and maybe a car as well.

9. Martyn

Martyn Member

[QUOTE="With Tassie being so small yes it is mate. At this early stage it looks like we'll have 4 or 5 nights in Hobart and go ride different roads each day :)[/QUOTE]

Where are the projected other nights?

10. The White Tiger

Still working on the routes but maybe one in the northeast, probably Scottsdale, 2 nights in Strahan and one somewhere on the northwest coast