A Saturday Ride.

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Shoey, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hi all, there is a ride to Rylestone for lunch this saturday 19th. Leaving Maccas at Narellan 8.30, with a pickup point at the BP servo at North Richmond at 9.30approx. All are welcome and if you have mates who would like to ride they are nore than welcome. Hope to see a few riders. My mobile is 0417802887.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Noel

Noel Member

Bummer :cry: :cry:

Working Afternoon Shift this weekend :cry: :cry:

3. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Well the ride was great we did 530kms. We started with 4 bikes, 2 FJRs, 1 Triumph Trophy and 1 Kwaka er6 who pulled the pin at Lithgow due to the cold weather. Start time temp was 10 deg got to 16 deg at Penrith, from there on up the Bells Line of Road the temp dropped to 6 deg till we got to Lithgow. From there to Rylestone the max temp was 12 deg. Homeward bound on the Great Weastern H/Way through Katoomba average temp 8 deg. By the time we got back to Penerith it was back to 16 deg.
    I will let you all know when the next ride is on so watch this space.
    Shoey & Lola.

4. Big mick

Big mick Member

Good to see you up and around again. Sorry but I didn't check the forum. Now you are all go again I will check on Thursdays. Look forward to riding again with you.

5. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Gooday Mick, yes the back is pretty good now. I lost a heap of phone numbers from my phone the other day, could you text me your number please.
    Shoey & Lola.

6. TonyR

TonyR New Member

Did the Triumph Trophy keep up (past owner)

7. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Yes he did, it's one of the few Trophys that has no problems with it and Peter is a good rider. I have riden with him several times now and its been a pleasure.
    Shoey & Lola.

8. pebryant

pebryant Member

Hi Shoey,

I'll keep an eye out on the forum as well ... weekend sports are coming to an end for the kids so I'm going to get both days back with any luck !

Sounds like the last ride was pretty good (albeit a bit cool) ... I'm looking forward to the next one you can organise. Glad to hear the back is on the mend as well.

Take care,
    Regards, Pete.

9. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello everyone, well I have a free Saturday this weekend 26/8/17. I thought we would do a ride to Mangrove Mountain Golf Club for lunch. 8.30am start Narellan Maccas, second pickup aprox 9.30 Australian Hotel corner Windsor and Pitt town rd. On to Wisemans Ferry morning tea then on to lunch. The trip home will be either the freeway or Old Pacific H/way which ever you want to go.
    Shoey & Lola.

10. Big mick

Big mick Member

See you at 8.30

11. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Three FJRs and a Triumph Trophy made for a good out today. Only 300kms but very enjoyable thanks to Kevin, Big Mick and Pete. Hope you all enjoyed the ride and look forward to the next one.
    Shoey & Lola.

12. Big mick

Big mick Member

Most excellent. Thank you. Haven't been there before.

13. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

I have been blessed with another leave pass on saturday 2nd Sept. so there is a ride to Taralga for lunch. This ride is organized by my mate Marty, some of you know him, and everyone is welcome. Narellan Maccas depart 8.00am to meet up with Marty at 8.30am Picton Maccas. Morning tea at Wingelo then to Marulan, Golburn, Crookwell and Taralga for lunch. Return home via the Southern Highlands. This is a long day but some great roads to ride, hope to see yous there. Mob 0417802887.
    Shoey & Lola.

14. Big mick

Big mick Member

See you there [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my P4502 using Tapatalk

15. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hope those who came enjoyed todays ride, a leasurely 500kms, 4FJRs and 4 varied bikes from Martys group. James and Mick, if you have any photos could you put them on the the forum please. Thanks also to Ken G for coming along. There should be another ride next Saturday, I will know by wednsday night so keep an eye on this thread.
    Shoey & Lola.

16. JamesK

JamesK New Member

Another excellent ride, thanks for organizing Shoey :clap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Big mick

Big mick Member

Thanks Shoey and Marty. Pics are the same as James'. Next time I will have to do some different ones. Fantastic roads. Ernie, could you give Marty my number so he can Include me? Going back to take a few photos of the windmills. Bloody things nearly killed me. FYI each blade weighs 32 tonnes.

18. Big mick

Big mick Member

Same as James's but I have worked out how to post on Tapatalk[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all I have organised a ride for saturday the 9th Sept. One of my favorite rides, the Wollombi Loop. Start time 8.30am Narellan Maccas 2nd pick up 9.30 Windsor just on the other side of the river at the fist bend. Grey Gums for M/T on to Wollombi for lunch. Return ing home via the Pacific H/way or freeway for those short on time.
    Maybe this will be of interest for some Central Coast or Newcastle riders. My number is 0417802887.
    Shoey & Lola.

20. Big mick

Big mick Member

See you at Narellan

21. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Well it was another great ride today with 4 riders, KenG, Big Mick, Pete and his trophy ans myself. The return trip was via Wisemans Ferry for a total of 480kms. Hope everyone enjoyed the ride.
    Shoey & Lola.

22. Big mick

Big mick Member

Thanks guys. Great ride[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

23. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all, I will not be riding this saturday as Linda and I are going to Newcastle for the weekend. For those who are interested my friend Marty is doing a ride to Greenwell Pt leaving Picton Maccas 9.30, all are welcome.
    Shoey & Lola.

24. Big mick

Big mick Member

Re: RE: Re: A Saturday Ride.

Have a good weekend. Will be going with Marty for fish and chips.

25. JamesK

JamesK New Member

I might join this ride too.

26. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Have fun everybody see you all next weekend.
    Shoey & Lola.

27. JamesK

JamesK New Member

Another great ride today with Marty, Mick and the gang.
    Since Marty's ride finished a bit early I decided to do a bit of an extension ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. AHAMAY

AHAMAY Member

Lovely pics, James. Thanks for sharing.

29. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Nice work James keep them coming.
    Shoey & Lola.

30. Big mick

Big mick Member

Not a bad detour on the way home.

31. Big mick

Big mick Member

View from clubhouse

32. Big mick

Big mick Member

Grennwell point bowlo and world's worst pies[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

33. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Evening all, here is the ride for saturday 7th Oct. Departing PICTON maccas 8.30, Wingelo for M/T, onto Tarago then Braidwood and lunch will be at Nelligen near Batemans Bay. Return home to be decided. I will be leaving Narellan maccas at 8.00am sharp going on to Picton to meet up with others. Hope to see a few riders on the day.
    Shoey & Lola.

34. Big mick

Big mick Member

Hope to see you there. Will start from Picton. New tyres- yeah

35. pebryant

pebryant Member

Hi Shoey,

After finally getting rid of kid's sport for at least a little while and getting my weekends back (woo hoo !), I'd love to join on Saturday.

The Narellan Macca's is the one on the corner of Camden Valley Way ...correct ...? (not the one in the town centre...)

That's about an hour from here so I'll leave a little before 7 and should arrive in plenty of time.

Looking forward to catching up again (and you too Mick !)

Regards, Pete.

36. Big mick

Big mick Member

Cnr Camden Valley way and Narrellan Rd. See you at Picton.

37. andrewwatson1973

andrewwatson1973 New Member

Hi Schoey,

I've been given a day pass for October 28, so if there is a ride on this day I'll be in with my son as a pillion. :grin: :grin: :dance: :dance:

38. Big mick

Big mick Member

Thanks for the ride. 4 FJR's.

39. Big mick

Big mick Member

Nelligen pub and wingelo[​IMG][​IMG]

40. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all, the ride for Saturday 14th Oct is Sofala. Departs CAMDEN maccas 8.30am, then to North Richmond BP leaving 9.30. Don't forget your wets just in case. Hope to see a few riders again.
    Shoey & Lola.

41. GregW

GregW Active Member

Ggggeeezzz Ernie, ya going grey mate :eek:

42. Big mick

Big mick Member

More like Blonde I reckon. Will get a better pic next ride.

43. Big mick

Big mick Member

FJR's don't like starting on 30%diesel.

44. andrewwatson1973

andrewwatson1973 New Member

Aaaaaaand just like that the day pass is snatched away [emoji30] bugger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

I will not be doing a ride this weekend as I will be attending Kens funeral.
    Shoey & Lola.

46. Big mick

Big mick Member

Andrew, There is a ride to Boorowa leaving Picton Macca's at 8am.

47. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all, there is a ride on Saturday 2nd December, we will be doing the Wollombi Loop. This is a great ride on some top roads.
    Leaving Camden maccas 8am second pickup Australia Hotel corner Windsor and Pitt Town rds at 9am. Morning tea at Spencer with lunch to be decided. Hope to see a good showing, this is a top run.
    Shoey & Lola.

48. Big mick

Big mick Member

Sorry mate. An't do this one. The following week I am doing a Riders 1st aid course but should be ok after that.

49. KenG

KenG New Member

See you on Saturday Shoey

50. pebryant

pebryant Member

Hi Ernie,

I'm trying to extricate myself from some other chores ( ;-) ) so if that comes off, I'll see you in the carpark of the Australia Hotel before 9am.

You're right - it's a good ride up there. Which way are you coming back ... same way, or back down the Putty Rd ...?

Regards, Pete.

51. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Gooday Pete, return via Putty rd, with a stop at Grey Gums. We havn't sorted lunch yet.
    Shoey & Lola.

52. GlennE

GlennE New Member

Hi Shoey,
    Pam and myself are going to meet up with you at Spencer, then ride some of the loop before turning back to home.
    On my estimation you shold be there about 10ish correct.

53. GlennE

GlennE New Member

Another great ride Shoey.
    535km round trip for us, great weather until we got accross the Wisemans Ferry boat on the return home then the heavens opened up. Stopped at Spencer for the 2nd time in one day to put some warmer clothes on and continued with the rain falling all the way home.

54. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

It was great to cath up with you and Pam, we got the rain about Colo river, but still was a great day out. Thanks to all those who came along, hope you all enjoyed the run. Six FJR's was a good showing, looking forward to seeing these numbers more regularly.
    Shoey & Lola.

55. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all, this is the ride for Saturday 9th Dec, be warned it is a long day. The Bylong Loop is a great ride which covers several roads. Leaving Camden maccas 7am on to North Richmond BP at 8am, m/tea at Cherry Tree Hill; lunch at Denman and return home via the Putty rd. Total distance approx 550-600klms, weather looks good so hope to see you on saturday.
    Shoey & Lola.

56. dmsantam

dmsantam New Member

I will meet you at North Richmond BP, 8am. cheers

57. Big mick

Big mick Member

Sorry but doing 1st aid for motorcycle course. All go following Saturday.

58. dmsantam

dmsantam New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Saturday Ride.

unfortunately a family event prevents me from joining this ride [emoji52]

for those that do go, hope it's a good one. cheers

59. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: A Saturday Ride.

Ok gents, a ride to Taralga for lunch via Crookwell on saturday 16th Dec. Leaving Picton maccas 8.30 am. This will be the last organised ride for 2017. Hope you all can join us for another great ride. My number is 0417802887.
    Shoey & Lola.

60. Big mick

Big mick Member

Order me a lamb burger now. Most excellent.

61. pebryant

pebryant Member

Hi Shoey,

Doesn't look like I have to work this weekend so assuming the weather gods play nice (which they're supposed to...) - I'll be coming and will meet you at Picton.

Can't say I've even been to Taralga ... so looking forward to that as well ! I'm assuming it will be lunch at the Pub ? :)

See you Saturday !
    Regards, Pete.

62. Big mick

Big mick Member

excellent food at the pub. Great value as well. See you at Picton

63. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Thanks to all who rode today, although it got a little warm it was still a great day out. The rides will resume in January, in the meantime have a Festive Christmas & Happy New Year.
    Shoey & Lola.

64. Big mick

Big mick Member

Great ride as usual. You are right - it got a bit warm. Look forward to next year.

65. dmsantam

dmsantam New Member

was a great ride. looking forward to the next one.

66. Big mick

Big mick Member

Marty is leaving Picton Macca's 830 Saturday 6th for ride to Laggin Pub near Crookwell.

67. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Thanks Mick, see you there. Everyone is welcome to join the ride.
    Shoey & Lola.

68. Big mick

Big mick Member

Shoey, Are you going fishing?
    [​IMG]

69. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Havn't fished for a long time, mabe I could get a rubber duckie.
    Shoey & Lola.

70. Shoey

Shoey Active Member

Hello all, due to the expected hot weather on saturday we will have a short breakfast ride to the Peppercorn Cafe at Mulgoa. Leaving maccas Camden 8.30am or meet at the cafe 9.30am. This ride is also a great opportunity to bring your spouse, girlfriend ect. Linda and I will be going. If you want to come along please text my mate Marty on 0428581493 so he can book the venue. Hope to see everyone there.
    Shoey & Lola.